Useful properties of figs for women and the rules for its use
Fig (wine berry) is the fruit of the fig tree, which has an oblong pear-shaped shape. The color of the berry depends on the type of tree. The fruits are used not only in cooking, but also help in the fight against various diseases. From the article you will learn how fresh figs are useful, as well as decoctions, tinctures, cosmetic ointments based on it.
The content of the article
- The chemical composition and properties of figs
- Benefits and harm to the female body
- Figs for women during pregnancy
- Why fruit is useful for beauty
- Application in cosmetology
- How to choose, store and use correctly
The chemical composition and properties of figs
The product contains:
- Water - 80%.
- Glucose and fructose - about 20%.
- Vitamins of group B, C.
- A large number of minerals (phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron, sodium, magnesium).
- Omega-3 and Omega-6.
- Citric, syringic and gallic acids. They have bactericidal properties.
- A (0.9%) is good for vision and skin.
- B1 (4%) has a positive effect on the digestive tract and improves metabolism.
- B2 (2.8%) takes care of the liver.
- B6 (6.5%) helps in the fight against nausea and seizures.
- B9 (2.5%) is needed for the formation of nerve tissue cells. Calms the nervous system.
- E (0.7%) stabilizes hormones. Helps activate the regenerative properties of the dermis.
- PP (3%) helps to cleanse the body of toxins and other harmful substances.
Calorie content and BZHU
Fresh figs has a low energy value - 50 kcal. The berry contains mono- and disaccharides, acids, water, starch and fiber. The dried product has a higher calorie content - 250 kcal. It also increases the sugar content.
For 100 g of product, the following distribution of BJU is characteristic:
- Fat - 0.2 g.
- Proteins - 0.7 g.
- Carbohydrates - 13.7 g.
Benefits and harm to the female body
Figs are recommended for women who constantly wear high heels. The consequences of wearing such shoes are very unpleasant: swelling of the lower extremities, cramps of the calf muscles. Wine berry contains a large amount of nutrients (potassium, calcium, magnesium) that help to eliminate these symptoms. Also, the product is effective in the treatment of varicose veins.
The fruit not only has medicinal properties, but also takes care of female beauty. The product has a positive effect on skin and hair. Various homemade masks and lotions are made from figs. The berry is often advised by nutritionists. It helps to remove toxins and toxins, improves metabolism and removes excess fluid from the body. Figs are often used as a substitute for sweets as they have a sweet taste.
Useful properties of figs for women:
- Figs prevent skin aging.
- Relieves pain syndromes during menstruation.
- Strengthens teeth, hair and nail plate.
- The product is useful in gynecology, helps with fungal infections of the reproductive system.
The harm of the product is manifested in poisoning, allergic reactions. If dizziness, urge to vomit, severe pain in the stomach, weakness and chills appear, then poisoning has occurred. Call a doctor and drink plenty of fluids.
Medicinal properties for various diseases
The product has the following beneficial properties:
- Boosts immunity.
- Useful for bronchitis, viral and respiratory diseases.
- Helps in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
- Normalizes cholesterol levels.
- It has diuretic properties, therefore it is used for diseases of the urinary system.
- Possesses antimicrobial, analgesic and wound healing properties.
- The product is rich in vitamins and minerals. All the beneficial properties prevent the development of cancer.
- Thins the blood.
- Helps fight anemia.
A large amount of potassium helps prevent heart and vascular diseases.
If a person has inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract, it is better to exclude figs from the diet. It is also not recommended to use it for gout and pancreatitis. You should refuse the product if there is an individual intolerance. Dried fruits are high in calories and contain a lot of sugar, so figs are contraindicated in diabetes and overweight.
Figs for women during pregnancy
The product also benefits a pregnant woman and her unborn child. And all thanks to the fact that the berry contains folic acid, iron, potassium, calcium and B vitamins.
The benefits of figs for pregnant women:
- Helps normalize blood pressure.
- Softens contractions, stimulates the dilatation of the cervix.
- Prevents the development of anemia and constipation.
- Eliminates hormonal surges, thanks to which the state of mind and mood of the pregnant woman improves.
If the expectant mother began to gain weight intensively, it is recommended to consume fresh berries with a lower calorie content.
The berry can be eaten by a nursing mother. The product replaces sweets, provides the body with all the necessary substances. Also serves as an excellent means of preventing colds and other diseases.
Attention!It is advisable to use it dried and only 2 months after the birth of the child.
Why fruit is useful for beauty
Figs are not only useful for treating diseases of internal organs. It enhances the look beautifully. It is most useful for a woman to use the berry, since the fruits will help eliminate wrinkles and skin rashes, as well as accelerate hair growth.
Fig extracts are added to masks and hair conditioners. Their condition is improving markedly. The product prevents hair breakage, moisturizes well without weighing it down.
All the nutrients found in the berry stimulate blood circulation in the scalp and promote hair growth. Also figs retain their natural color and prevent premature graying.
Wine berry is one of the richest sources of nutrients for the skin. They help refresh and rejuvenate her. Using baked figs helps heal skin conditions (abscesses, boils, etc.). Also, the berry removes toxins, preventing acne. The high vitamin C content helps to brighten and even out skin tone.
Nutritionists advise to eat figs while losing weight, because it contains dietary fiber that removes toxins well and cleanses the intestines. Fiber quickly creates a feeling of fullness, which reduces the amount of food eaten. Also, the product prevents fat deposition and improves metabolism.
3-4 berries are best eaten in the morning or half an hour before training. And if the fruits are soaked in advance and left for 30 minutes, the fiber will act more intensively.
It is interesting:
Medicinal properties and contraindications of raspberry leaves for women
Why are cherry berries useful for a woman's body
The incredible benefits of avocados for women - myth or reality?
Application in cosmetology
The product improves the condition of the skin, makes it soft. The enzymes that are part of figs nourish and moisturize the dermis, relieving irritation. Also, the wine berry fights wrinkles, improves the appearance of the skin around the eyes.
Reference. Most often, various masks are made for hair and face.
How to choose, store and use correctly
To get the most out of a product, you need to choose the right product:
- The fruit should be soft and pliable to the touch.
- It is recommended to buy goods with clean skin.
- Before buying, be sure to smell the figs. If sourness is present, then fermentation has already begun. It is not recommended to eat such a product.
- Buy a berry from mid-June to mid-October.
For storage, fresh figs are placed in the refrigerator on the coldest shelf. The berries can be sliced and frozen. They will retain their properties for up to 10-12 months. An open bag with dried fruits is stored at room temperature for no more than a month. Dried figs will last longer when placed in a container and refrigerated.
It is interesting:
Step-by-step instructions on how to cover figs for the winter correctly and prepare the tree for the cold
Simple ways to propagate figs by cuttings at home
How much and how often to water figs in the summer: instructions for beginners
In what form and quantity is there for maximum benefit
Figs are not only useful, but also a high-calorie product, so they should not be overused. The daily dose for adults is 50 g, and for children - 30 g.
The berry is eaten whole, cut into pieces, honey is added. Some peel the skin, others like to eat the fruit unpeeled.
Important! An unripe product should not be eaten, since it contains milky juice.
Figs are a very popular product. Due to its rich composition, a wine berry only benefits the body. You can only harm if you use it in large quantities or if you have an individual intolerance. Figs are useful for pregnant and lactating women and are often used in cosmetology.