The incredible health and beauty benefits of boiled carrots
Nutritionists recommend making a diet exclusively from healthy products that have a pronounced positive effect on the body. The list of healthy foods, according to different experts, may differ, but the importance of carrots for the body is recognized by all nutritionists. Boiled carrots deserve special attention.
The content of the article
- The chemical composition and nutritional value of boiled carrots
- The benefits of boiled carrots for the human body
- How much boiled carrots can you eat per day
- How to use for weight loss
- Can you eat boiled carrots while breastfeeding?
- Possible harm and contraindications
The chemical composition and nutritional value of boiled carrots
Properly cooked carrots almost completely retain all the substances valuable to the human body, which nature has so generously rewarded with.
100 g of boiled carrots contains:
- water - 90 g;
- dietary fiber - 3 g;
- ash - 0.67 g;
- starch and dextrins - 0.17 g;
- sugar (glucose, sucrose, fructose) - 3.45 g;
- essential amino acids (arginine, lysine, tryptophan, threonine, leucine and others) - 0.6 g;
- nonessential amino acids (aspartic acid, alanine, glycine, glutamic acid, cysteine, proline) - 0.8 g;
- saturated, mono - and polyunsaturated fatty acids - 0.16 g;
- omega-3 fatty acids - 0.001 g;
- omega-6 fatty acids - 0.087 g
The amount of micro-, macronutrients and vitamins per 100 g the edible part is presented in the table.
|Vitamin A||852 μg||Zinc||0.2 mg||Potassium||235 mg|
|Alpha carotene||3776 mcg||Iron||0.34 mg||Sodium||58 mg|
|Beta carotene||8.33 μg||Manganese||0.155 mg||Calcium||30 mg|
|Thiamine (B1)||0.06 μg||Fluorine||47.5 μg||Phosphorus||30 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.05 μg||Copper||17 mcg||Magnesium||10 mg|
|Betaine (B3)||0.1 mg||Selenium||0.7 μg|
|Choline (B4)||8.8 μg|
|Pantothenic acid (B5)||0.232 μg|
|Pyridoxine (B6)||0.153 μg|
|Folate (B9)||14 μg|
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||3.6 mg|
|Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E)||1.03 mg|
|Phylloquinone (vitamin K)||13.7 μg|
|Nicotinic acid (vitamin PP)||0.645 mg|
How many calories are in boiled carrots, BJU and glycemic index
Boiled carrots are better absorbed, have a lower calorie content per 100 g - only 26 kcal. A portion contains 0.95 g of protein, 0.16 g of fat and 6.44 g of carbohydrates.
After cooking, the glycemic index of the orange root vegetable increases... If raw carrots have a GI of about 35 units, then boiled carrots - from 85 units or more, depending on the degree of chopping.
Interesting on the site:
The benefits of boiled carrots for the human body
Boiled carrots are as useful as fresh ones... On the contrary, it increases the amount of antioxidants and phenols, which resist skin aging, prevent many diseases, have a pronounced antispasmodic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect.
Boiled carrots are a source of vitamin A, important for the body, performing a number of functions:
- normalizes metabolism;
- necessary for the full development of the fetus during pregnancy;
- stimulates the production of steroid hormones;
- participates in the formation of cholesterol and mineral metabolism;
- maintains a healthy state of the skin;
- increases the protection of mucous membranes;
- ensures the correct functioning of the sebaceous and sweat glands, organs of vision;
- increases resistance to infectious diseases;
- prevents cardiovascular pathologies, oncology;
- accelerates the healing process for wounds, burns.
Regularly consuming boiled carrots, there is no need to fear for the state and function of the nervous system., since the vegetable contains many B vitamins. Together with ascorbic acid, they have a beneficial effect on human brain activity, stimulate thinking processes, improve concentration and memory.
Adequate intake of B vitamins ensures resistance to stress, increases endurance and performance, reduces the degree of psycho-emotional stress, normalizes night sleep.
Ascorbic acid in carrots serves as a prophylaxis diseases provoked by viruses, bacteria. Vitamin C ensures the functioning of the thyroid gland, stimulates the secretion of bile, strengthens the immune system, has an anti-allergic effect, and inhibits inflammatory processes.
Due to the presence in the composition of dietary fiber, boiled carrots qualitatively relieve the intestines from toxins and toxins, improves digestion, activates metabolism, stimulates intestinal peristalsis. It is recommended to eat boiled or stewed carrots for people suffering from constipation, as it softens stool and facilitates the process of defecation.
Eating boiled carrots relieves symptoms of gastrointestinal diseases of an erosive and ulcerative nature: Coats damaged mucous membranes, reduces acidity.
Boiled carrots are useful for the cardiovascular system:
- regulates the level of cholesterol and glucose in the blood;
- increases the density and elasticity of vascular walls, small capillaries;
- stabilizes high blood pressure;
- serves as the prevention of atherosclerosis and related complications;
- reduces the risk of myocardial infarction.
Boiled carrots prevents the onset and exacerbation of diseases of the musculoskeletal system - osteochondrosis, rheumatism, gout. Due to the presence of amino acids in the composition, the vegetable dissolves uric acid salts well, preventing their accumulation in the joints, actively removes them outside.
For reference. Boiled carrots have a positive effect on the kidneys and the entire excretory system, removing toxins and toxins from the body, and relieves puffiness.
Regularly eating boiled carrots favorably affects the condition of hair, nails, skin... Vitamin E stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, restores metabolism in the hair follicles, nourishes and strengthens them, activates hair growth and reduces hair loss. Hair becomes smooth, silky, and has a healthy appearance.
An important element for the normal functioning of hair follicles is selenium... Partially, carrots provide the body with this substance, as well as iron, which is necessary for hair growth, their strengthening and restoration.
Boiled carrots help nourish the skin:
- gives the skin a healthy color, radiance, light tanning effect;
- eliminates dryness, tightness of the skin;
- tones up;
- neutralizes puffiness under the eyes;
- slows down the aging process;
- normalizes and maintains water balance;
- restores the skin after the influence of frost, sun, wind, cold air;
- stimulates collagen production;
- prevents excessive pigmentation;
- reduces fat, helps control the sebaceous glands.
For making face masks at home use carrot juice, fresh or boiled carrots.
The first recipe is soothing face mask:
- Boil one medium-sized carrot, cool, peel.
- Put half a ripe avocado, carrots in a blender bowl, beat until smooth.
- Add one chicken egg there, 1-2 tbsp. l. heavy cream, 2 tbsp. l. honey. Mix.
- Apply the mask on the face, leave for 15-20 minutes.
The mask of fresh carrots and eggs has a healing and softening effect... With regular use, the product protects against the negative effects of sunlight, prevents excessive pigmentation, and smoothes fine wrinkles.
- Grate one large carrot, add the yolk of a chicken egg to the mixture, mix.
- Apply the mask to the face and neck, hold for half an hour.
- The procedure is repeated every 3-4 days.
During culinary processing, carrots retain dietary fiber... They improve digestion, normalize metabolism, cleanse the intestines of toxins, toxins and other unwanted substances. Carrots also have a mild laxative effect.
For reference. Dietary fiber increases endurance and performance, stimulates physical activity, which entails additional calorie consumption.
The main plus of boiled carrots is low calorie content.... The vegetable contains practically no fat, but it is rich in carbohydrates that the body needs for saturation. Most of the macronutrients from the carbohydrate composition are absorbed over several hours, filling the body with energy. After eating boiled carrots, the feeling of satiety persists for a long time, there is no need for additional snacks.
Self-grown without the use of pesticides and properly prepared vegetable partially meets the body's needs for potassium, calcium, sodium, fluoride, copper, iron, folic and ascorbic acid.
How much boiled carrots can you eat per day
The daily intake of boiled carrots depends on the total diet... Subject to a strict diet, when all other foods are excluded, it is allowed to eat about 1 kg of carrots during the day, divided into 5-6 meals.
In the daily diet subject to a balanced diet, the daily rate of boiled carrots is limited to 250-300 g a day for an adult.
If there are contraindications, carrots are completely excluded or eaten in limited quantities - no more than 150-200 g with a frequency of 2-3 times a week. Reducing the amount of boiled carrots to 100-150 g per day is recommended for women during breastfeeding.
How to use for weight loss
How to lose weight on boiled carrots? There are two main dietary options:
- Mono diet for 3 days... This is a quick, but tough enough way to get rid of unnecessary pounds. You will need 1 kg of carrots (or more), which must be eaten in small portions throughout the day. Ideally, the diet should be salt-free. If you can't eat fresh carrots, make a salad of them with vegetable oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, low-fat kefir, or plain yogurt. Three such days allow you to reduce weight by 2-3 kg and carry out a full bowel cleansing.
- Diet for 7 or 14 days longer but less harsh. The daily diet consists of 5-6 meals, which are based on boiled carrots in the form of salads, soups, side dishes in combination with other products. Between meals, you can eat vegetables, unsweetened fruits (excluding bananas, grapes), herbs, berries. In moderation, it is allowed to add dairy and sour milk products with a low percentage of fat, lean beef, fish, turkey and chicken fillets. At the same time, daily portions of meat / fish dishes should be a maximum of 180-200 g, vegetables and fruits are limited to 500-700 g per day. The effectiveness of losing weight in 7 days varies from 3 to 5 kg, in 14 days - in the region of 6-7 kg.
Regardless of the length of the carrot diet, never ignore breakfast, try to start every day with a glass of water with lemon juice added.
Important... Throughout the entire process of losing weight, it is highly recommended to drink plenty of plain water without gas. The liquid normalizes the water-salt balance, activates the process of losing weight by flushing out the split fat deposits from the body.
The variety of diet options based on boiled carrots involves the preparation of various dishes with its participation. Diet meals will help not only get rid of extra centimeters in the waist and hips, but also heal the body, prevent the onset or exacerbation of many painful conditions.
Carrot and beetroot salad with arugula
An original salad, which is as simple as possible to prepare, satisfies the feeling of hunger for a long time, fills with energy.
- arugula - 100 g;
- carrots - one large or two small;
- apple - 2 pcs.;
- low-fat yogurt without additives - 125 ml;
- juice of half a lemon;
- chopped walnuts - 50 g;
- salt to taste;
- Rinse the carrots, remove the tops, boil in the peel until tender.
- Remove the core from the apple, peel, grate on a coarse grater.
- Rinse arugula leaves, divide into small pieces.
- Prepare a salad dressing with lemon juice, yogurt, spices and salt.
- Put arugula on a plate, carrots and apples on top, pour over the sauce. Decorate with chopped nuts and herbs. Serve chilled.
Carrot and Bean Salad
- canned beans - 150 g;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- boiled carrots - 2 pcs.;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - to a minimum.
How to make a salad:
- Boil the carrots until tender, peel them, grate them on a coarse grater.
- Pass the garlic through a press.
- Peel the onion, cut it into small pieces. Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients, salt, season with lemon juice and olive oil. Decorate in portions with parsley sprigs.
Carrot puree soup great as a first diet meal. Ingredients: onions, carrots, orange peel, salt, pepper.
- Peel onions and carrots, cut into cubes, transfer to a saucepan with water, simmer.
- Add the zest of half an orange to a separately cooked vegetable or slightly concentrated meat / chicken broth, boil for 5-10 minutes, remove the zest. It will give the soup a unique flavor.
- Cook carrots and onions in broth until tender. Drain the rest of the broth, turn the vegetables into mashed potatoes with an immersion blender, gradually adding the broth to the desired consistency. Serve with herbs if desired.
Great for daily and dietary meals carrot cutlets.
- carrots - 1 kg;
- water - 125 ml;
- semolina - ½ cup;
- salt to taste;
- sugar - ¼ tsp;
- bread crumbs - as needed.
- Cut the peeled carrots into large portions, put in a saucepan, add cold water, bring to a boil. Add salt and sugar to boiling water. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the carrots become soft, gradually introduce the semolina, mix, cook over low heat for another 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Form cutlets from the cooled mass, roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment paper, lay out the cutlets. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180-200 ° C.
Can you eat boiled carrots while breastfeeding?
Already in the first month after giving birth, nursing women are allowed to eat boiled carrots in limited quantities.... It saturates the body of the mother and child with useful vitamins, micro- and macronutrients, ensures further normal growth and development of the child, and minimizes the risk of postpartum depression in a woman.
Eating carrots while breastfeeding requires caution... For the first 2-3 weeks of a child's life, experts recommend limiting the vegetable in the mother's diet, especially raw. Next, it is better to eat stewed or boiled carrots, starting in small portions. As the baby grows, if there are no manifestations of allergies, this useful product can be eaten more often and in larger quantities.
Possible harm and contraindications
Boiled carrots are one of the safest foods, but there are certain contraindications... The vegetable is categorically contraindicated for people with allergies to the product. Cooked carrots are not recommended for people with arterial hypotension, as they have the property of lowering high blood pressure.
It is recommended to eat carrots in limited quantities for people with diabetes.... After heat treatment, the glycemic index rises to 85 units or more, which means that blood sugar rises, and the symptoms of the disease worsen.
Boiled carrots are a valuable food product that preserves youth and beauty, helps fight many painful conditions. In moderation and in conditions of correct organization of the daily diet, the orange root vegetable has a positive effect on the body as a whole, supports the work of the heart, blood vessels, liver, kidneys, and gastrointestinal tract.
The benefits of carrots, used to get rid of extra pounds, are not always straightforward - sometimes negative effects prevail over positive effects. To avoid complications and not harm your health, select a diet on an individual basis with the obligatory consultation with a nutritionist.